Congrats! You're a speaker at a SofaSummits event. Wahoo!
Here's what you need to do to make sure everything goes seamlessly.
Get set up
- Create a Hopin account here.
- Ask the organisers to send you a link to register for the event (it will probably be a private link with a free ticket). 🤞
- Register for the SofaSummits event.
- Ask the organiser to do a test run with you on the SofaSummits backstage (the organiser will send you a link). The backstage is where you make your presentation.
- Confirm that your audio and video devices work in the backstage.
Once registered, let the Organiser know so they can add you as a Speaker to the Registration page, Schedule, and Reception Page.
At the event
- When it's time for your presentation, head to the backstage.
- You'll need to give browser permission for Hopin to use your camera and mic.
- Click Request Permission.
- Choose your audio and video devices and click Apply and Join Session.
Note: If you want to join secretly, don't click Participate. Use the Backstage Chat tab to let the Organiser know you're there. Make sure the chat is toggled to Backstage, otherwise the full event will see your message.
Tip: While participating on the Backstage, you can turn off your camera and mic using the controls at the bottom of your screen — this will make you disappear from the front stage completely, event though your grey avatar is still showing in the backstage. It's a sneaky way to transition smoothly between speakers.
Remember: All Stage segments are recorded!